Monday 31 January 2011

Two till Four

School Debate : 2-4pm on a Saturday afternoon at Kahunda Secondary School. (it’s in English)

The motion: To fail education does not mean to fail life.

I did get involved which was fun, I was asked by a student to explain business and something about Europe which I didn’t get. Naturally this is where my knowledge from studying business studies for four years should come in. But I found it amazing how quickly you can forget things you’ve learnt. I couldn’t think of the definition off the top of my head so I blabbered on about being self employed and the private / public sectors until there was the sound of a wooden spoon hitting a desk = time is over (for whoever is talking). Then there is a chance for someone to ask a question or to raise another point. It Ended with the proposers 20 points to 15.

Following debate I did my Bible study in a baking hot classroom, we looked at sin. I was so grateful to our student friend Regan, who interpreted for the couple of form 1 students who came because they can’t yet speak English.

1 comment:

  1. Jambo rafiki!Hakuna matata!
    Did you kill the Mamba? They are really dangerous. I want to hear the whole story when you get back here.
    Your Christmas dinner sounded delicious.I'm jealous of your trip to the game reserve. Years ago I went to Tsavo and Samburu. I must return and visit Serengeti. All trhis will stand you in good stead to reapply for paramedic training. See how you feel.
    I'm teaching at Training School for a month as I broke my finger and can't drive. I miss the road but I'm catching up on my portfolio and through teaching getting more knowledgeable.
    Alison Potts and Pat Steele got married and it was a great day. I have some lovely candid shots of your sisters and Alyona.
    Home Group tonight so we may see your mum or your dad.
    God bless you,lad. Mike & Ann.

    ReplyDelete