Monday 28 June 2010

I think it's all over!

I have now finished my exams, I get the results from them on the 19th of August, just 5 days before I fly on Tuesday 24th.
As you can see, JustGiving is now online and the link to the site is on the top right hand. I know many of you have already said you will support me or already have, and I greatly appreciate that and thank you, as otherwise I would not be going!

A great relief has been that only a sum of around £2000 is required to be paid to Aim before I leave, the rest is mainly living costs so this I will need throughout the year, if you could give in monthly installments or a couple of times during the year that would be ideal.

Also on the money status my school - John Cleveland College - has been very generous in giving me a third of the money raised from the summer term non-uniform day, so that is a fantastic gift and will go straight into my fund.



The other week my Dad and I went to Rugby to the Webb Ellis store where they have very kindly donated 7 new rugby balls and about 50 marker cones (see picture). This is fantastic as this is all I really need to teach rugby, and an answer to prayer.

My orientation with other Synergy participants is from the 12-15th July at St Johns College, Nottingham. I have to do some preparation for this, and it will be a very steep learning curve.

If you haven’t received an invitation for the garden party, please contact me.
This is a awareness/fund-raising event, with Live Jazz music, tea and cake and a mock auction. Also I will be talking about what I will be doing while I am in Kahunda.

I have also produced this prayer card, which you can save as a picture to your computer.

3 comments:

  1. When do you get the money from your school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is being posed to me by cheque anytime now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for you. if you buy any of the crap from their shop, keep the receipt intact and be armed in verse fluently, on consumer law, as the staff are inside out when it comes to complaints regarding sub-standard quality clothing. fast though when it comes to closing up the cash into the till. not a genuine company, and third rate when it comes to customer service, unless you enjoy buying gear twice (from a second shop) due to their poor quality and surprising attitude when it comes down to a return.

    ReplyDelete