Wednesday 8 June 2011

It’s chilly out

My sterotype of Africa before I came was that it’s basically the Sahara desert, savannah grasslands and heat continent wide, despite knowing from geography lessons past that there’s rainforest (green) too.


Well I was wrong. There are places where it’s cold and Kijabe is one of them, I also presume that the top of Kilimanjaro is pretty cold too as there’s white stuff on the top.


Place of the wind is the translation for Kijabe – the name of the town where RVA is. Logically I guess that means that the windchill factor is high especially at the altitude it’s at. So it wasn’t a smart move leaving my coat and hoodie in another bag in Nairobi, clothes I didn’t have to use very often in Kahunda! I'm sniffing and typing this with a blocked nose...I think I've got a cold, the first for a long time.


Masanga means someone who brings people together (meaning given from the guy who gave me the name).


RVA – Rift Valley Academy

1 comment:

  1. great to hear from you again!! how high up are you exactly? and by the way the white stuff is snow! :)naomi x

    ReplyDelete